Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Part of being sober, for me, is about

Friday, December 02, 2005

Part of being sober, for me, is about

taking care of business. When I was drinking I could put off anything that was the least bit unpleasant for me to deal with. Yesterday, I took the plunge and went to the Montrose Clinic for intake. I was there from 8:45 till 12:45. Who would have thought it would take so long? Not me. Ha. Well, it's done and all the tests have been taken and I guess I'll get my results in a couple weeks. I still can't believe that it didn't cost me anything. Maybe next time I go I'll have to pay something. I guess they accept Medicare and then the rest is taken care of by the Ryan White foundation. If that's the way it works, I'm truly blessed. My regular Dr. started his own clinic and got way to expensive for me use regularly. After I get my results on the bloodwork I can go to the Bering Dental clinic and get these teeth fixed finally. I would never do this normally (well, while drinking) and I feel good about trying to do the right thing, at last. I didn't just automatically get brave as soon as I quit drinking. It's more about not being afraid any more. I can do what ever it takes with God and my friends to support me. Another thing. It's taken me two years to be able to say the word God without being embarrassed. Now that's progress!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've struggled with the god thing, too. it takes prayer, interestingly enough.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home