Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: A sober Christmas?

Monday, December 26, 2005

A sober Christmas?

I certainly was and it's been one of the nicest holiday's in my memory. I spent the actual Christmas day at my foster mom's and her daughter and two of her sons were there. I took Chris and we all sat around and ate every kind of Christmas cookie imaginable. Then we played Scrabble. That was fun. I finally broke 100 points. Then we ate dinner and we decided to get home before I passed out from eating too much. It was a very relaxing and pleasant way to spend the day.

It was nice to plan to be somewhere and actually show up, on time and with presents in hand. I used to make plans and then not show up, because I was too hungover or on my way to getting too drunk to drive. I had the where-with-all to go and buy or make my presents in advance. I was prepared for this Christmas!

I got some great gifts too. I now own 5 different kinds of cutting boards and the knives to match. lol Also, every style of spatula in every color possible. I guess I'll have to remember to tell people next year, no kitchen stuff, please. I think it's all because of the food processor. So I hope you all had a good Christmas (or Holiday) day. Now on to New Year's!

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Glad to hear you had a great time, Merry Christmas from me :-)

8:15 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. When my family and I get together for the holidays we always play games. Scrabble being one of our favorites....that and Boggle. Now go cook me something. Just joking.
I see you,
JJ

9:25 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

If you get a washing machine next autumn, do we have to buy you clothes for Christmas?

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home