Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Well, I finally did it!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well, I finally did it!

I went and got my results from the blood work at the clinic today. Good news is I don't have to go back on the HIV medication at this time. Bad news is I need to change my lifestyle drastically. No, I don't mean-go straight. It means dieting for real. My cholesterol is 285, triglicerides 400 something, blood pressure high, high, high and bad cholesterol unable to be read because it's so high. Ok. Too bad I gave the bike away. Oh well, I can walk. Max too. So I have 5 more eggs to eat and then it's those darn Eggbeaters. I told the Dr. I wasn't going to give up mayonnaise! Everything else is negotiable. I guess I'm thankful that I'm able to have old man's disease since the alternative is to be dead. So, I'm grateful we found out about this before I had a stroke or heart attack and I'll do what I have to do to stay alive a few more years....like 20 or so. I have 6 weeks to lower everything myself or else I have to go on Lipatore or something like that. Not all bad news. Those HIV drugs can really screw up your life. Whatever it takes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

My ex's counts are high too, and it's from his meds. Unfortunately, he has to continue on them, so it's the lesser of two evils I reckon.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home