Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Blood on the sidewalk?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Blood on the sidewalk?

That's what my neighbor told me this morning. I went to bed last night around 11:30 and woke up this morning at 5:00 am and turned on the news to find out, to my astonishment, that there had been a multiple shooting a block away. Seems two undercover police were standing on the street and watched this gold car circle the block. The car eventually stopped by the detectives and two guys (one carrying a shotgun and one carrying a semi-automatic gun) got out of the car and started shooting. One of the drug dealers was killed there, two were injured and one ran away to the front of my building where he was eventually captured a few hours later. While they were searching for him there were two or three helicopters with bright search lights hovering over the house. I slept through the whole thing. I'd left the internet radio on for some soothing sleep music and Max never barked once. Go figure. My best friend lives on that corner and of course, saw and heard everything. He called me a little bit ago to give me an update on where all the bullets went. One had gone through a window in one of the other apartments where he lives. One into a garbage can and one into a parked van. One into a policeman's jeep. Lucky no one else was shot. I love my neighborhood but you have to be alert when your outside. Never a dull moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home