Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Raindrops Keep Falling

Friday, July 15, 2005

Raindrops Keep Falling


raindrops
Originally uploaded by
LgJones.
Yes my sunroof has been leaking for some time and yes it's been really wet here lately but on Wednesday as I was driving home from work in the rain my sunroof flew off and smashed into a billion pieces. Luckily there was no one behind me or it could have killed someone. I figured what the hell and got on the freeway figuring if I went fast enough maybe the rain wouldn't come in. Well, at 65 mph. The rain only came in a little and mainly seemed to coat the back window. Got home covered the top with a vinyl tablecloth and waited for it all to stop. I was planning on getting the sunroof fixed beginning of next month. Ah well. Would have been a good excuse to drink and I thought of that and then decided, once again, not to drink over it. So yesterday while at work a big thunderstorm came and I raced it back to the city and won, for a change. Covered the car and watched as the pouring rain created a large round depression where the water was collecting. It worked OK and today I'll go get some Plexiglas and seal it up somehow. It will be nice not to have to worry all the time about the weather. Yesterday afternoon we lost power. First time in the 6 years I've lived here. Of course, I didn't have any books to read and so I sat here and waited for two hours and then decided to go to the library and get something to read and when I got back the power was on again. Thank you HP. When I was sitting here with nothing to do, I thought I could go get a bottle and the time would go much faster. Took a long sigh and said nope, not today. I've had plenty of reasons to drink in the last few days and I decided each time not to do it. I'm still working the program everyday. It's still working me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago I had a Pinto (I know, don't laugh) I was driving over railroad tracks and the back window fell out and exploded on the ground. I just kept on going.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Grateful said...

Great choices. We can make anything be a reason to drink, can't we? I think the only real important one is because we are freaking alkies!

Welcome back. You have quite a following, so I've heard. I look forward to jumping on the 'Hannen wagon".

Keep Stepping!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home