Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Billy & Mrs. Ellison

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Billy & Mrs. Ellison


graham
Originally uploaded by
LgJones.
Was talking to my friend Chris last night and we were comparing notes on our experiences with Billy Graham. I remember my brother and I and a group of kids from my Sunday school class and Mrs. Ellison all went to see the famous Billy Graham. I had never heard of him before. Mrs. E thought it would be a good experience for all of us. It was at the Hienz Theater and I imagine it was the mid-60's. I'd of been in my early teens. We all were sitting there and Billy implored us to get up and come down and be saved. Everyone of our group filtered down through the throngs of people to get saved except for Lance and I. We just sat there, I looked at him, he looked at me and I thought what's wrong with all these people? We don't have to go down there to be saved. Anyway, everybody came back eventually and that was it. I was somewhat embarrassed when my friends came back from their trip but even then I was determined to go my own way. Lance too, I guess. The most memorable moment was on the way back in Mrs. E's 60 something Cadillac. She told us this little ditty. I slit a sheet a sheet I slit upon a slitted sheet I sit. We tore that one up the whole way home. She was a neat lady.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

Try this one: Six sick shieks sit on six slitted sheets. Ten times fast!

7:51 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Oh, no you don't!!

There once was a boy from Limerick
Who wanted to ....

(no, sorry, wrong post)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queen Noor doesn't play such silly games. Unqueenly, don't you know.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is by far the toughest one I know: "The sixth sheihk's sixth sheep's sick."

12:40 PM  
Blogger Grateful said...

I'm not good at tongue twisters unless I'm drunk, so I'll leave this competition to you guys.

Billy Graham is my Granddaddy's second cousin. Can I get points for that???

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home