Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Music

Monday, July 18, 2005

Music



Just watching Dr. Phil and his show about keeping music in the schools. I tried to play an instrument several times while in school but just didn't have the artistic sense of how it all worked. I couldn't read music ever! So, when I got to Jr. High (they still had that back then) I joined the choir. I'd always sang at church and it seemed like a natural progression. I loved singing. I was pretty good (if I do say so myself) but the best part was that I completely enjoyed myself. Yes, I had butterflies when it came time to sing in front of the whole school, just like everyone else but it was so cool. I wish I could still do it, now and again. I do still sing professionally, but it's in the car and no one can hear me. I think it was John Prine who wrote a song about screaming or singing in your car. Too long ago to remember exactly. Any way music can be a really good way for kids to enjoy themselves and learn to work in harmony (beat you this time dAAve) with others. I sure loved it.

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

When kids learn to work in harmony ...
... does that mean they are singing together?

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I''m familiar with this subject too

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home