Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: The Many Names of Mom

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Many Names of Mom

When I was 6 or 7 I remember going with my Mom and little brother to the Library to get my first library card. Some of you may remember back then they had the Dewy Decimal System or the card catalog. Our library's aren't like that now. I digress. Anyway, Mom and Lance waited in the car while I (old enough to do it myself) went in and filled out the paper work. I remember getting to the part that asked for my mother's first name and that's when I realized I had no idea what her name really was. By that time in my life, my mother was known by many names. She was and still is: Ally, Alison, Gus or Honey. On her email address I have her down as Mommie Dearest. She thinks that's funny and I think it's Freudian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home